I’m sure you have heard “Abeg send me money” from several people. Or maybe you have said it yourself once.
Well, there is now a social payment application called Abeg, and they are about to change the payment system in Africa for the better.
If you haven’t heard about this application, keep reading to find out more about it.
Table of Contents
- What is “Abeg”?
- Features of the Abeg app
- How to sign up in the Abeg app?
- How to use the Abeg app?
- Benefits of using Abeg
- Abeg customer support centers
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is “Abeg”?
Launched in 2019, Abeg is one of Nigeria’s applications made by Abeg technologies. Its co-founders include Muheez Akanni, Dare Adekoya and Michael Okoh.
The Abeg app is a simple platform where you can ask for money from other Abeg users that are on your contact list. To do this, you only need to type in their Abeg tag. You can also send money to other Abeg users on your platform.
Similar in features to the cash app, it possesses a user-friendly and clean interface that allows you to request and send money to friends and families. Once registered, you will have a tag known as the Abegtag, allowing you to interact with other people on the social app.
Features of the Abeg app
Abeg makes it easier, faster, and better to make payments. With its flexibility, you can spend money on what you want and when you want. It is an interesting and interactive application that you can use for your daily transactions.
The basic feature of this application is sending and requesting money. However, there are so many other amazing features of this application that will be mentioned below.
Requesting for money
This is one of the outstanding features of Abeg. Though there are so many ways of receiving payments, there has been no faster and more convenient way than this application. With it, all you need to do is to collect their Abegtag and request money from them. This saves you from copying and pasting bank details.
Just like receiving, it is also easier to send money to other people within Nigeria. No matter how far they are.
Social media timeline
Like Twitter and some social media applications, it allows you to follow other Abeg users. It also has a timeline to post and see the news feed of the people you have followed.
Sometimes, you might need an amount of money urgently. Instead of going through a long process associated with loans, you can request a loan using the app in a few minutes.
Nigerians are very familiar with the term “Ajo,” which means savings, but this is usually done physically. But with Abeg, users would soon be able to save online as it is an upcoming feature in the application.
After creating your profile on the app, you can join several giveaway groups on the platform to stand a chance of winning.
How to sign up in the Abeg app?
After installing, follow the following processes to sign up.
- Open the application and click on the “Create an account” button
- A new screen will pop up. On this, you will be required to fill in your details. This includes your full name, phone number, and e-mail address. You will also be required to create a strong password that you will use to access your account
- Before you can get full access to the account, you will need to verify your BVN (Bank Verification Number) for legal reasons. You can also do this through your bank account
How to use the Abeg app?
After you have signed up on Abeg, you’ll be welcomed with an interface where you can send and request money from other users.
How to request money from users
- Click on the “request” button.
- Type in the amount (Naira) that you want to ask from a person. You also need to state what the money is for
- After stating the amount, click on “Request.”
- Next, from your contact list, you select the person you want to request the money from
- Afterward, click on “Request.”
Once you do this, you have sent your request. You should know that the person will have the option to accept or decline this request.
You’ll receive a notification if they choose either of the options.
How to send money using Abeg
- Click “send” on the main page.
- Search your phone contact for the person you want to send the money to. Better still, enter the Abegtag of the person.
- Click “pay.”
Sending money to other users is free. Also, you can send money anonymously if you want to.
The Abeg application also features a wallet that you can fund and withdraw from. You can perform both functions as stated below.
How to fund your Abeg wallet
- Click the profile icon at the bottom-right side of your phone
- Select the “Fund wallet” option
- A bank (Wema bank) account number that is assigned to your Abeg account will come up. To fund your wallet, simply pay into that account.
How to withdraw from your Abeg Wallet
- From your profile, select your wallet balance
- Click on “Withdraw” from the pop-up
If you haven’t linked your Abeg account to a bank account, you will need to add a new bank account to withdraw.
In addition, withdrawing money from your Abeg account attracts a charge of 10 Naira.
Benefits of using Abeg
Abeg is a creative application that has put a new face to making transactions. With all its features, there are so many benefits of using this application.
These benefits are:
- Constant innovation
With every passing day, the creators find ways to make Abeg better and more convenient. Hence, they come up with new and creative features that make daily transactions smooth.
Currently, they are working on making transactions on the platform without attracting charges.
- Consistent and reliable
Abeg technologies believe in maintaining good relationships. Therefore, they created a system that is trustworthy and dependable.
With this, you do not have to worry about it crashing or losing your money.
- Honest and transparent
Its customers can proudly boast that Abeg is open and honest in all transactions. In addition, they give you notifications of every payment made.
Abeg has a team of committed workers that aim to provide you with maximum satisfaction when using the application.
Abeg customer support centers
You can contact the support team using the following platforms:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abeg_app
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/abeg.app
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Abeg is interactive software that is used for sending and receiving money in Nigeria.
You can request money from people who are using the application by using their Abegtag.
No, this application is currently used only in Nigeria.
The maximum amount of money you can send and receive at once is 1,000,000 naira.
To send money anonymously, long-press the send button
You should contact Abeg technologies on their e-mail or social media platforms to get help.
With the introduction of this new transaction system in Nigeria, payment technologies will undoubtedly get better. With Abeg, you can now have a different and unique experience when making transactions?