Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. Provides rights other than those provided by consumer law, including, but not limited to, those relating to non-conforming products.
The benefits of Apple Warranty are in addition to and do not replace, consumer rights. Consumers have the privilege to choose whether to request service under Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty or their consumer rights.
This Apple warranty gives you a definite legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state (or state or province). Except as permitted by law, Apple does not exclude, limit, or suspend any other rights you have, including those resulting from a breach of the sales contract.
To fully understand your rights, you should consult your country, province, or state laws.
To the fullest extent permitted, this Apple warranty and the remedies indicated are exclusive and exceed all other warranties and conditions, oral, written, legal, express, or implied.
What Does This Warranty Cover?
(“Apple”) warrants Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV or Apple telecommunications devices, Apple and accessories, in their original packaging against defects in materials and quality, if used by published instructions by Apple for a year from the date of purchase by the initial retailer by the end customer (“warranty period”).
Guidelines published by Apple include, but are not limited to, service communications, the information contained in technical specifications, and user manuals.
What is not covered by this Warranty?
This Apple warranty doesn’t apply to any non-Apple hardware or software product, even if packaged or sold with Apple hardware. Non-Apple manufacturers, resellers, or publishers may offer you their warranties; Contact them for more information.
Apple warranty does not cover software distributed by Apple with or without the Apple brand name (including, but not limited to, system software). For more details on your usage rights, see the license agreement supplied with the software.
Apple is not responsible for damages resulting from failure to follow instructions for the use of Apple products.
This guarantee does not apply to:
- Consumable parts, such as protective covers or batteries, are designed to shrink over time, except in the event of failure due to damage to the material.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to broken plastic on opening scratches, dents and unless there is a defect due to damage to materials or quality;
- To damage caused by the use of third-party products or components that do not meet Apple product specifications.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, contact with liquids, earthquake or any other external cause;
- Damage caused by the operation of Apple products outside of guidelines published by Apple;
- Damage caused by any service (including updates and extensions) performed by anyone other than an Apple representative or an Apple Authorized Service Provider;
- Damage caused by regular consumption or by normal aging of apple products;
- Whether the serial number of the apple product has been removed or damaged; or
- If Apple obtains information from government authorities that the product has been stolen or if it cannot disable an enabled password or other security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the Apple product and not can in no way prove that you are an authorized user of the product. e.g., proof of purchase).
What will Apple do in the aspects of a Breach of Warranty?
If you apply for Apple or ASP under this warranty during the warranty period, Apple may, in its sole discretion:
- Repair an Apple product with new or used parts whose performance and reliability are identical to new features,
- Replace an Apple product with the same model (or, with your consent, a product of similar functionality) manufactured from fresh and previously used parts whose performance and reliability are equal to the new features, or
- Replace the Apple product for a refund.
How to Get Warranty Service?
Access online help resources before requesting for Apple warranty service. If your Apple product is still not functioning correctly after using these resources, contact your Apple representative or, if applicable, your Apple Store (“Apple Retail”) or resellers, using the online help resources.
An Apple or ASAP representative will help you determine if your Apple warranty request requires the service, and if so, you will advise them how Apple will provide it. When contacting Apple on your phone, additional charges may apply, depending on your location.
Warranty Service Options
Apple will give warranty service through one or more of these options:
- Transport Services: You can return an Apple product to the Apple Store or other location that provides transportation services. Service will be performed locally or if an Apple reseller or store can send your Apple Service Center (“ars”) for repair. Once we notify you that the service is complete, you will download the Apple product from the Apple Store or the same location without delay, unless Apple advises that the Apple product be shipped directly to your location from the area site.
- Postal Services: Suppose Apple determines that your Apple product is eligible for courier service. In that case, Apple will send you prepaid invoices and, if applicable, packaging materials and guidelines on how to package and ship your Apple product to deliver your product. You can send the instructions by e-mail or in printed form with the packing materials. When the service is complete, ars will return the Apple product to you. Apple will pay for shipping costs to and from your location if all of the packaging and shipping instructions for your Apple product are followed.
- Make the parts yourself (do it yourself): The DIY service allows you to repair your own Apple product. If a stand-alone service is available under these circumstances, the following procedure applies.