Have you been in search of the easiest way to check for your BVN Number on your smartphone without needing to go to your bank? Do you have to retrieve your Bank Verification Number urgently using the fastest means possible?
If transactions have been halted on your bank account because you are yet to update that bank account with your BVN (Bank Verification Number) or you have had issues when you try to transfer or carry-out specific online transaction because of BVN problems, then be rest assured that you will find this article of help.
With the rise is the rate at which bank security system is compromised these days, the use of OTP, passwords, and PIN are quite high in demand as they provide extra security and protect your transactions and personal details in the Nigerian banking sector.
BVN registration may seem like the bank’s deliberate attempt to stress customers, but that is far from what it is.
On the 14th of February 2014, The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), via the banker’s committee, and in collaboration with all the banks in Nigeria started a centralized biometric identification system for the Nigerian banking industry. The CBN called it the Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The Benefits Of BVN in Nigeria
- The Bank Verification Number offers each customer a unique identity that can easily be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not only the bank you registered at).
- BVN protects Customers Bank Accounts from unauthorized access.
- BVN is also designed to address issues of identity theft, and that will cut exposure to fraud.
- The Bank Verification Number will increase the Banking Industry’s chances of being able to identify blacklisted customers.
- This may seem unrealistic, but the BVN seeks to reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- Ensure the standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
- A Customer unique Bank Verification Number is accepted across all Nigerian Banks as a means of identification.
There is an instant Bank Verification Number query service; you can now get your BVN from your mobile phone without having to go through the stress of visiting an ATM or a bank.
In this article, I will reveal to you how you can query your BVN (Bank Verification Number) straight from the mobile device you use, or how to know your Bank Verification Number by using a USSD code on any mobile phone with or without internet service.
USSD Code: You can Know Or Check BVN Number Via Mobile MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel
So, how can you check your Bank Verification Number (BVN)? You Check your BVN number using your mobile phone on GLO, MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel network by dialing the short code *565*0# on the phone number you registered your BVN with, and the NIBSS will return the BVN linked with the mobile phone number.
NB: ENSURE THAT THE PHONE NUMBER USED IN DIALING THE SHORT CODE IS LINKED WITH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
Now that you have learned how to check BVN on your mobile phone, the next thing you must know is to know how to link your BVN with any other bank account you own in Nigeria.
Below is a quick guide on how to enroll for Bank Verification Number if you do not have access to a mobile phone at the moment;
How To Enroll For BVN?
To those people who are yet to get a BVN in Nigeria, these are five easy steps on how to register for your BVN in Nigeria if you are unable to get access to a smartphone, follow the tips below;
- Walk into any bank branch that you want.
- Make a request for the BVN registration, fill the BVN enrolment form and submit.
- Ensure that you are available for data capturing (such as facial Image and Fingerprint)
- You will be issued an acknowledgment slip carrying the transaction ID right away.
- In below 24 hours, you should receive a text message containing your new BVN. Once you have the number, you can link it with all your existing bank accounts.
This BVN code works well on all bank accounts existing in Nigeria, whether you have an internet connection or not.
This process is fast and easy if you decide to link your BVN with any Nigerian bank.
Feel free to ask questions and leave your comments below. Also, we encourage you to share this article with friends or on your social media if you found this article helpful.