Diamondback talk about it as the penultimate model which is ready to go anywhere and do anything! It’s definitely worth the money.
- Brand: Diamondback
- Type: Hybrid
- Model: 2014 Trace Comp Dual Sport Bike
- Gender: Unisex
- No. of Gears: 27 (3×9)
- Brakes: Disc brakes
- Frame Sizes: S (16″), M (18″), L (20″), XL (22″)
- Weight: 25 LBS
- Assembly: Light
- Ideal for: All Terrain
- The bike has a very stylish look
- It has features that cost more on other bikes
- It is heavier but very easy to ride
- It comes in a range of sizes hence making it easy to get a good fit
- It is very affordable
- Its brakes and shafts are smooth, so it gives you a great ride
- Its tires are a good size making it good for road as well as light trail work
- The fact that it is heavy is a problem to some people
- There is nowhere you can get a cable lock secured directly to the rack
- The bike tends to slide back on the rack from the wind when riding on a highway
This bike is the perfect commuting bike that will help you cruise with confidence on a terrain that requires performance on various road surfaces.
It features a mountain-bike geometry design and it is very efficient. It is equipped with 700c diameter wheels as well as Innova dual-sport tires with resistant casing which allows it to handle rugged dirt trails and also provide a smooth commute.
Changing gears is very simple with this bike. You can simply do it by pulling a forefinger trigger or by pushing a thumb button. It also offers you powerful stopping that is very easy to control without any heat transfer to the rims.
The disc brakes will offer you great breaking even if you are riding on a muddy road. You can also pedal the bike backwards without having to engage the brakes.
To make it easy for you to learn how to use this bike, it comes with a user manual, a chainstay protector as well as a water bottle mount.
General Info On the Trace Comp
The Diamondback 2014 Trace Comp Dual Sport Bike has a frame that is made from aluminum.
Another important feature that the bike has is the SR Suntour front fock that has been equipped with lockout levers to ensure pedaling efficiency. Its skinny low profile tires make it perfect for riding on pavements.
You will find it to be even better than a mountain bike for commuting. The bike also features dual sport forks that enable you to enjoy a smooth ride.
The forks dampen vibrations as well as hits from the ground, something which helps to keep your hands from getting numb when you are maintaining its control on trick surfaces.
- The bike is a hybrid type that provides you with a comfortable ride even when you are on gravel paths. It is a perfect cross between a cruiser and a mountain bike.
- The bike’s frame material is made from aluminum which is a very lightweight material. It enables you to have a responsive ride.
- The bike is also comprised of trigger shifters that allow you to change gears by simply pushing a thumb button or pulling a forefinger.
- It features disc brakes which offer powerful stopping that is very easy to control. The brakes offer great breaking even in muddy conditions.
- The bike has a freewheel hub which allows you to pedal backwards easily without necessarily having to engage the brakes.
- Its tires are very smooth and therefore perfect for on-road use.
Key Features This Dual Sport Bike
SR Suntour Travel Fork
The travel fork has an alloy lower as well as a crown with lock out that make it perfect for long climbs.
Dual Sport Frame
This make of frame enables you to maintain balance and control of the bike even when you are riding on tricky terrain.
This make of tires usually has great traction on gravel or dirt and they also reduce rolling resistance. They ensure that you have a smooth ride. The tires also have a puncture resistant casing.
Reviews show that many customers that purchased this bike are glad that they took the chance to get it. They like it because it is flawless and it is very easy to assemble. Compared to other high end bikes, the customers found the performance of this bike to be quite impressive.
Among the things that most people liked about this bike is that it is even much better than a mountain bike for commuting.
Some of them enjoy using it for exercise mainly on roads since it is comfortable, sturdy and its shifters are very impressive. Others enjoy using it in a much professional way such as using it as a transport means to the workplace.
The 2014 Trace Comp bike has proven to be a very impressive choice of bike for anyone that is looking for a solid entry level hybrid bike or dual sport bike. It has all the important features that bigger brands usually have and it is quite affordable.
Question. Where is it made?
Answer. ALL bicycles are made in Taiwan. There are no bicycle factories any longer in America – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamondback_Bicycles – See beginning of second paragraph.
Question. Can a rear mount rack be installed on this bike?
Answer. There is a rear rack here on Amazon that received good ratings. It attaches to your seatpost + both sides of the rear fork with mechanisms kind of like hose clamps I’m assuming. I ordered one for the electric bike I’m building, attaching the controller underneath it between fender and rack. Attaching medium sized panniers.
Answer. No. It doesn’t have the holes on the frame for a proper mount.
Question. Looking for a bike that is better than my mountain bike to commute with. How will this do on pavement and hills?
Answer. It will be perfect! The skinny low profile tires are excellent on pavement. This bike is way better than my mountain bike was for commuting.
Answer. I just can answer about pavement, and it is great, I love the ride around the downtown. It is a great bike, love it.
Accessories That Help
The owner’s manual that the bike comes with will be very important when you are assembling or repairing the bike. You can also purchase extra tubes to keep on standby just in case something happens or when one eventually wears out.
Does it live up to the hype?
In conclusion, the 2014 Trace Comp bike lives up to its hype as proven by many good reviews and comments that its supporters have posted about it. Diamondback talk about it as the penultimate model which is ready to go anywhere and do anything! It’s definitely worth the money.
–>> Click Here for Ratings, Reviews, and Pricing on Amazon.com <<–