Bras are one of the essential features of a woman’s dressing, which adds style and essence to a lady’s looks. They are an integral part of a healthy lifestyle.
But, what happens when you do not know the right type of bra for a particular dressing?
Ever returned from work or a party and felt pain in your breasts? This could be because of your choice of bra and outfit. Maybe you’ve felt irritated when the underwire of your bra pokes you in public.
There are specific bras specially designed for sure dresses, situations, or occasions. Knowing the different types of bras and what kind of dress works best with them would ensure a comfortable bra experience.
Below are some types of bras you should know about:
1. Padded Bra
A padded bra is designed with padded cups and has pockets to insert pads. This type of bra works best when your primary concern is to hide visible nipples. Padded bras also add volume to your breasts, giving them a fuller shape.
Lastly, they are available in both underwired and non-wired styles.
- Breast type: All
- Occasions: Everyday
- Outfit: All
2. T-shirt Bra
The T-Shirt bra has smooth and seamless cups. It doesn’t leave any impression when worn under body-hugging outfits.
This type of bra works best with a fitted outfit for a smooth figure.
- Breast type-All
- Occasions- Everyday
- Outfit-T-shirts, body-hugging dresses.
3. Push-up Bra
A Push-up bra lifts your boobs and pushes them closer, giving you a very catchy cleavage. This type of bra usually has underwired cups for a gentle lift.
Lastly, it also has angular padding that changes the shape of your breasts.
- Breast type- Mostly for small and saggy breasts.
- Occasion: best for parties
- Outfits: Lowcut blouses, plunge neck outfits.
4. Convertible/Multiway Bra
The convertible bra is said to be the master of all bras. It has detachable straps, which allow multiway styling, including one strap, two straps,cross-shoulder, criss-cross and strapless.
Furthermore, this type of bra is a favorite option for ladies in the gym, as it provides comfort during workout activities.
- Breast type: All
- Occasion: Casual outing, Gym
- Outfit: Tank tops, racerback dresses.
The bralette is a bra style between a bra and a crop top. It is an easy-to-wear bra, and it is usually non-padded and unwired.
Bralettes have minor construction; instead, they focus more on style and comfort.
- Breast type: preferably small and medium-sized breasts
- Occasions: At home, parties
- Outfit: Sleeveless dresses, gowns.
6. Balconette Bra
A balconette bra can is characterized by its wide-set straps. This bra type works best for broad necklines.
- Breast types: Small, medium
- Occasion: Weddings, Parties
- Outfits: Wide neck tops, Salwar suits
7. Cage Bra
Cage bras are considered a very sexy style with multiple straps on the front and back, and cage bras are more suitable for trendy, fashionable wear.
Furthermore, this type of bra serves as an inner and outerwear.
- Breast types: All
- Occasion: Honeymoon, parties
- Outfit: Sheer tops, scoop back dresses
8. Stick-on Bra
Stick-on bras have no back strap or shoulder straps. It has an adhesive on the cups’ inner side that sticks to the body.
Furthermore, this bra is easy to wear, adds style to armless dresses, and provides comfort.
- Breast types: Small
- Occasions: Parties
- Outfit: Backless dresses, shoulder and tube tops.
9. Seamless Bra
A seamless bra is ultra-smooth and is specially designed to provide a seamless figure underneath your dress.
The seamless bra cups are beautifully molded to enhance your curves and give your boobs a fit and firm look.
- Breast types: All
- Occasion: Office, parties
- Outfit: Body hugs
10. Plunge Bra
These bras have demi-coverage cups that cover one-third of the breasts. Plunge bras usually have deep necklines to the center.
- Breast type: Small, medium
- Occasions: Weddings, parties
- Outfit: V-neckline dresses
11. Transparent Bra
As the name suggests, this bra includes features transparent back straps. These straps go invisible under backless and strapless clothes to give a smooth look.
- Breast type: Large
- Occasion: Weddings, parties
- Outfit: Tube tops, backless dresses
12. Mastectomy Bra
Mastectomy bras are specially made for women who have undergone breast removal surgery.
They are designed with pockets in the cups to insert breast prostheses to help with the natural appearance of breasts after surgery.
- Brast type: Specially made for women who have undergone breast surgeries.
- Occasion: Worn after breast surgery for normal appearance
- Outfit: Tops, t-shirts, and dresses
13. Bandeau Bra
The bandeau bra is also known as a “Tube bra.” They are basic in the structure; the bandeau bra has no wiring, padding, or straps.
Furthermore, this type of bra is a great option when you don’t want your straps to be noticeable.
- Breast type: Small
- Occasions: Parties
- Outfit: Deep neck dresses, sheer tops,off-shoulder tops
14. Nursing Bra
Nursing bras are essential for breastfeeding mothers. This type of bra features a flap at the cups for easy feeding access.
Furthermore, these flaps are usually secured with a clasp unhooked by a single handle, making it easy to feed the baby.
The nursing bra is crafted with breathable cotton fabric. It is non-padded and non-wired to keep the mother at ease during breast shape and size.
Nursing bras are also called “Maternity bras.”
- Breast type: For pregnant and breastfeeding ladies
- Occasion: Pregnancy,post-pregnancy
- Solution: Convenient feeding access
15. Beginners Bra
The beginner’s bra is made especially for teen girls with developing breasts, and it has no hooks, pad, or wiring.
- Breast type: Developing breasts
- Solution: Provides support to growing girls
- Outfit: School uniform, T-Shirt, dresses
The different types of bras listed above may come in various styles and sizes. When choosing a bra, it is important to consider the dress you’re wearing and how comfortable you’d feel in it. In addition, you may decide to carry out further research on these different types of bras to learn more about them.