June 2017 was barely 17 days old when Elephone released the Elephone S8 – which was a tri-bezelless beauty accompanied by 4GB RAM, 2K display and 21MP camera. It’s November 2017 (5 months after) and the Elephone have announced an upgrade to the S8 – the Elephone S9.
Though the Elephone S9 has been slated for either a December 2017 or early January 2018 release date, the official specifications of the device have been publicised and we’ll be highlighting them under the headers below. Let’s tear down the monster.
Design and Display
The Elephone S9 comes in finely polished body made from Aluminum and covered in glass. The device’s display covered most of the frontal real estate and has an impressive 81% screen-to-body ratio. To further buff up the Elephone S9 aesthetic, the device comes in four colour variants – Gold, Black, Blue, and a special Granny Hair colour.
For visual output, the screen is sized at 6.0 inches and has super-slim bezels which are almost invisible, as if it isn’t there at all.
Software and Memory
Under the shiny body of the Elephone S9 is Snapdragon 660 System-on-Chip manufactured by Qualcomm. The device uses an Octa-Core processor that runs at a speed of 2.2 GHz and as highlighted in this article title, runs the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS out of the box.
Per storage, there are two versions of the Elephone S9, one with 64GB built-in storage, the other, 128 GB. Both versions come with 6GB RAM and support expansion up to 256 GB via the Micro SD card slot.
The Elephone S9 runs a tri-camera system. Two 16 Megapixels camera with LED flash on the rear and one 13 Megapixels lens on the front.
Keeping the S9 up and running is a non-removable Lithium Ion battery which has a massive capacity of 4,000 mAh. Quite interesting is the fact that the device also comes with the Quick Charge feature.
Elephone S9 Price
When released for purchase later next month (December), the Elephone S9 is expected to launch at a $350 – $400 price range.
Elephone S9 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo).
- User Interface:
Design & Display
- Dimensions: —
- Weight: —
- Display size: 6.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Pixel (QHD curved display)
- Pixel resolution: ~489.53 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal + Glass
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Colours: Black, Gold, Blue and Granny Hair
- Processor Name/Technology:
- Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB and 128 GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors:Gravity sensor, Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted), Proximity Sensor, Light sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Hall Sensor, E-Compass
- Lens: Dual 16MP + 16 MP
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual LED
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties:Laser Autofocus,
Digital image stabilization,
Slow Motion, Macro Mode, Panorama, Scene mode, Self-timer, Touch focus, White balance
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Not available
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: Aperture f/2.0
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Polymer
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 6, 2017.
- Availability: December 2017.