Gionee is one of the few OEMs that have been steadily consistent with releasing various kinds of smartphone annually. With 2017 releases like the Gionee S10A, Gionee S10B, Gionee M7, Gionee M7 Power and others already gaining grounds and countless positive feedbacks, the Gionee X1s will definitely join the list in no time.
The Gionee X1s is a selfie-focused smartphone accompanied by a huge battery capacity and a decent processor.
Gionee X1s Review
Design & Display
The inner components of the Gionee X1s are enclosed in a finely polished aluminium metal body coated in Gold and Black colours. The device has only three hard keys; the volume adjusters and the power/lock button which are all embedded on the right-hand side of the device. On the rear, there’s a conspicuous primary camera, a LED flash and a fingerprint sensor.
The device’s screen is a High Definition display and is sized 5.2 inches. It has a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and pixel density of 282 ppi.
Performance and Memory
The Gionee X1s is accompanied by 3GB of RAM and a rather meagre 16GB built-in storage capacity. The storage can, however, be expanded to 256GB using a Micro SD card in the dedicated memory card slot.
Running all the Gionee X1s operations is the Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor that runs at a speed of 1.5GHz. The combined work of the processor and the RAM would give the best of multitasking experience you could possibly want in a device.
The Gionee X1s comes out of the box with the Android v7.0 Nougat OS and Gionee’s native Amigo v4.0 UI.
This aspect of the Gionee X1s is the selling point of the device. It comes with 13-megapixels lens on the rear with a dual tone LED flash. The rear camera comes with features like laser autofocus, phase detection and others.
The front camera is better than the one on the rear and has a resolution of 16-megapixels. There is a soft flash for brightening up your selfie photos.
To power the Gionee X1s, a Lithium Ion battery with a capacity of 4,000 mAh is placed aboard. The device supports fast charging of the non-removable battery.
Gionee X1s Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Amigo v4.0
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 150.4 x 73.5 x 8.8 mm.
- Weight: 166g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~282 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Colours: Black and Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek MT6737
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 4 (Quad-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 13MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Autofocus, Face detection, Phase Detection, Geotagging, Touch Focus, Panorama Continuous shooting
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, soft flash
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Lithium Ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: September2017.
- Availability: September 2017.
How much is the Gionee X1s in Nigeria?
The Gionee X1s has a price tag of $200, which is about NGN 76,000 in Nigeria.