TikTok has become one of the most popular apps among youths across different regions. It’s also an addictive app whereby people can compete for recognition using video uploads.
Aside from that, you can also enjoy hilarious videos that last for a few seconds. This article will give you insight on how you can record TikTok videos that last longer than 15 seconds on your iPhone or iPad.
To get more video time on your device, you will need to record the video with your iPhone’s Camera app and then upload it straight to TikTok.
Below are the steps to upload longer TikTok videos on your iOS device. For this to work, it only requires you to use your iPhone or iPad camera.
You don’t have to open your TikTok app yet. Tap on your Camera app and then swipe right to enter the video option.
- Then tap on the large red button to capture video
- When you are done recording, tap on the red square located at the bottom-centre part of the screen
- Your video should not exceed 5 minutes
- Then open your TikTok app using the icon on your home screen
Tap on the “+” which is located at the bottom-centre part of the screen. Once that is done, it will bring up the recording screen.
Tap on the “photo” icon that is located at the right side of the recording button. When it has been selected, a list of videos and songs that are saved on your device will appear.
- Then go on and tap on the video you recently captured. Once it has been uploaded, a message will tell you the length of the selected video.
- To make sure it uploads the full length of the video, drag the box border until it surrounds the video portion you want. This box is found at the bottom of the screen. The left side marks where the video will start and the right side marks where it will end.
- Once you are done with that, tap “Next”. It’s located at the top-right corner of the app.
How to Edit the Uploaded Video?
You can edit the uploaded video with the following steps:
- You can add music to the video by hitting the circular icon found at the top right corner of the screen.
- Changing the start time of the sound is done by hitting the scissor icon and then you can select the part of the music you want the video to begin from.
- To change the cover visuals, tap on the square cover icon.
- To add special effects, tap on the clock icon at the bottom left corner of the app.
- And finally to add a filter, tap on the tri-coloured overlapping circles.
You can add a caption or tag to the uploaded video by selecting an option from the “Who can see my video?” menu.
Click on the “Post” button to share your uploaded video.
Note: make sure you are done with all the necessary editing before pushing the “Post” button. Because once your video has been uploaded, there’s no going back on editing.
Tell us how this article has helped you and if you ever come across any problem using the steps above, use the comments section to get across to us.