As earlier reported following several teasers and rumours, Infinix Mobility finally launched the Infinix Zero 5 Smartphone on November 14. The device is currently Infinix flagship device and it serves as the successor to last year’s flagship, the Infinix Zero 4.
The Infinix Zero 5 is really a big of a deal because it is the first smartphone from the OEM to feature dual rear camera on the rear. “First” is always and will always be big a deal. Asides the dual camera it features, the Zero 5 also comes with other exquisite specifications, which we shall highlight under the headers below.
Design and Display
The Infinix Zero 5 comes with a finely polished metal body, just the perfect material that fits a premium device like the Zero 5. The device still carries a considerably large amount of bezels around the display – something Infinix could have cut down to make the device more sleek and slimmer.
On the rear, the fingerprint sensor sits comfortably above the Infinix logo while the two sensors and LED flash are at the top left corner of the device (top right when turned to the front). The Infinix Zero 5 has an 18:9 aspect ratio and a 2.5D curved glass covering the 5.98 inches Full HD display.
The Infinix Zero 5 is available in three colour variants; Champagne Gold, Apple Red, and Matte Black.
The Infinix Zero 5 runs on the Android v7.0 Nougat operating system laced with the latest version of Infinix’s native XOS v3.0 user interface.
Performance and Memory
The device uses MediaTek’s Helio P25 System-on-Chip which comes with 8 cores (Octa core) that runs on a clock speed of 2.6GHz.
Per storage, the Infinix Zero 5 comes in two versions – one with 64GB internal memory, the other with 128GB. However, both versions house a huge 6GB of RAM for flawless and fluid multitasking and overall running of apps.
As earlier mentioned, the Zero 5 is the Infinix’s pioneering dual rear camera smartphone. The device has a 12MP and 13MP resolution lens on the rear in the company of a LED flash. The rear cameras comes with features like Auto-refocus, Geo-tagging and 10X SuperZoom.
On the front, there is a single camera with 16MP resolution and a soft selfie flashlight.
The Infinix Zero 5 comes with a large battery which could be attributed to be the reason for the device’s bulk. The device’s powerhouse is a non-removable 4,350 mAh Lithium Ion battery which lasts long and charges up in no time, thanks to the inherent Quick Charge feature.
Infinix Zero 5 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Chameleon XOS v3.0
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 170 mm x 70 mm x 77 mm.
- Weight: 197g.
- Display size: 5.98 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (FHD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~403 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Matter Black, Champagne Gold and Apple Red
- Processor Name/Technology: MediaTek Helio P25
- Processor Speed: 2.6GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor
- Lens: Dual 12MP + 13 MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Autofocus, HDR, Geotagging, X10 SuperZoom, Touch Focus, Self Timer, Face Detection, Scene Mode, Panorama, Phase Detection
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4,350mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 14, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is the Infinix Zero 5 in Nigeria?
The Infinix Zero 5 will be released for purchase by Infinix begin the end of November and is speculated to cost between NGN 100,000 and NGN 120,000.