The Vivo V7 is one of the latest addition to the “V series” of Vivo line of smartphone. Though the latest member of the series, the Vivo V7 is not technically the best member but it carries wonderful cameras with amazing resolution, especially on the front. The Vivo V7 is a toned-down version of the Vivo V7+ (or Vivo V7 Plus).
Vivo’s “V series” smartphone group is particularly known for having “badass” selfie cameras on the front. Their rear/primary camera isn’t bad, but the quality of the front camera trumps that of the back. Let’s see what was reduced, the similarities and differences between the Vivo V7 and Vivo V7+.
Vivo V7 Review
Design & Display
Design-wise, the Vivo V7 is not any different from the Vivo V7+. On the rear, the camera placement is the same, likewise the presence and position of the square-shaped fingerprint sensor.
Other components like the volume adjustment keys, USB Type-C port, speaker grill, and power/lock button all retain the same position as they were on the Vivo V7+.
However, the Vivo V7 has a 5.7 inches HD IPS capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels, compared to the bigger screen of the Vivo V7+ (5.99 inches).
The Vivo V7 comes with a more updated version of Android operating system compared to its predecessor. The device comes out of the box running the Android v7.1.2 Nougat OS which has been modified to run together with Vivo’s native FunTouch OS (v3.2).
Performance and Memory
The Vivo V7 comes is layered with a reduced built-in storage capacity (32GB) compared to the V7+. The memory can however be expanded to any suitable capacity of choice but not exceeding 256 GB.
The Vivo V7 packs the same 1.8GHz Octa core Snapdragon 450 system-on-chip and the Adreno 504 GPU in charge of the device’s overall graphics. Going back to the storage unit, the Vivo V7 packs 4GB RAM for efficient multitasking and storage of temporary app data.
As earlier stated that members of Vivo V-series are usually buffed up in the front camera department, you should know that the Vivo V7 is no different.
The device has a 16-megapixels lens on the rear as the primary camera, and a 24-megapixels lens with f/2.0 aperture on the front for snapping selfie photos.
While the display size is a noticeable modification, the battery capacity of the Vivo V7 is change from the Vivo V7+ that may not be quickly identified by a random buyer.
The Vivo V7 battery has been toned-down to 3,000 mAh capacity. The battery is a still of Lithium Ion type and is not removable or replaceable but supports fast charging.
Vivo V7 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- User Interface: FunTouch OS v3.2
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.8 x 7.9 mm.
- Weight: 139g.
- Display size: 5.7 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~282 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: n/a.
- Colours: Matte Black and Champagne Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- Processor Speed: 1.8GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: 16MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Autofocus, HDR, Panorama Continuous shooting Phase Detection, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus
- Lens: 24MP.
- LED Flash: –
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3,000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November, 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is Vivo V7?
The Vivo V7 has only been announced by the Chinese tech company. However, the price of the Vivo V7 is speculated to be around €360 when launhed. This is approximately NGA150,000 in local Nigerian currency.