NVIDIA continues to drive Pascal-based graphics cards to the market. The last member of the series is the GTX 1050, which is further compacted by 2nm.
Thanks to the advantage of 14nm production technology new MSI GTX 1050 which produced in Samsung’s factories has a 3 degrees more thermal gradient. We have seen Pascal-based cards already working cool. But with a thermal gradient of 97 degrees, Nvidia offers really high performance.
One of the new GTX 1000 series innovations is the next generation DisplaytPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports. The mid-range GTX 1050 comes with these updated ports. In this regard, the display card provides full support for recently announced HDR-equipped G-Sync monitors.
You can also easily connect monitors with high refresh rates via DisplayPort or HDMI. In addition, the GTX 1050 supports up-to-date video compression technology. Thanks to H.265 processing and resolution, you can watch 4K videos with GPU acceleration without the slightest fuss.
GTX 1050 is a graphics card designed to offer 1080p performance. You can play today’s games fluently with medium FPS at medium and high settings. It can run some games even at higher FPS like CS:GO or League of Legends.
Although the card supports DSR, it is not possible to open it in modern games. Users with this kind of anticipation should open their pockets and move towards the GTX 1080.
Results MSI GTX 1050
The MSI GTX 1050 is a video card that has a TDP of 75 watts and must be kept in mind for users who want to gain performance boost without changing the power supply thanks to the extra power input.
In addition to its satisfactory performance, the cool work of the card was another winner of ours. Those who wish can overclock the 14nm GPU further and improve performance. MSI’s Afterburner software is tailored for this job.
MSI GTX 1050 FPS Tests
- Battlefield 1 – 1080p – DX12 – Medium – ~50 FPS
- Battlefield 1 – 1080p – DX12 – Low – ~70-80 FPS
- Total War: Warhammer – 1080p – High – 54 FPS
- CS:GO – 1080p – Very High – ~200 FPS
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – 1080 – Medium – 56 FPS
Technical Features of MSI GTX 1050
- Model name: GeForce® GTX 1050 2G OC
- Interface: PCI Express x16 3.0
- Core code: GP107-300
- Core: 640 unit
- Boost / Base Clock Frequency: 1518 MHz / 1404 MHz
- Memory Frequency: 7008 MHz
- Memory: 2GB GDDR5 (128-bit)
- Image Output: DisplayPort 1.4 / HDMI 2.0 / DL-DVI-D
- HDCP Support: 2.2
- TDP: 75 W
- Recommended PSU: 300 W
- Sizes: 177 x 118 x 34 mm
- Weight (card / Package ): 330 g / 687 g
- Afterburner OC support : Yes
- DirectX : 12
- OpenGL : 4.5
- Monitor support: 3
- G-SYNC™: YES
- Adaptive Vertical Sync: YES
- Highest resolution: 7680 x 4320
Buy it now on Amazon.com