The creation of HMD Global has really been a game changer and the beginning of a much-needed resurgence for Nokia, and this is evident again with the announcement of 3GB RAM variant of the Nokia 5 which was released this August.
With specs alike to the 2GB variant, the only notable change is the RAM upgrade. For the first week, the phone will only be available on Flipkart.
Nokia 5 Review
Out of the box, the Nokia 5 runs on Android version 7.1(Nougat), which of course is upgradable to the latest version, version 8.0 (Oreo).
Design & Display
It is a slim and sleek seamless full metal bodied smartphone with rounded edges, which is easy to hold and doesn’t retain fingerprints on its body. It has dimensions of 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm, weighing in at 160g. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded in its home button for ease of unlocking and for security.
The Nokia 5 has a 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, which is scratch resistant. Capable of displaying 16M colours.
Memory & Performance
The Nokia 5 has an inbuilt 16GB storage which can be expanded using a microSD of up to 128GB, for all your storage purposes.
With a RAM upgrade, the 3GB Nokia 5 will have more tolerance for multi-tasking and should run your high-end processes and games with its 1.4 GHz Octa-core, ARM Cortex-A53 processor faster and smoother now.
Sporting a 13MP camera on the back with dual LED flash, the Nokia 5 is capable of capturing your moments with breathtaking quality day and night, also capable of recording 1080p HD videos. And of course, an 8MP selfie camera, to give you the perfect shots for your Instagram fans.
The Nokia 5 is powered by a non-removable 3000mAh battery, which should be more than sufficient for your multitasking and high-end operations.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Nokia has Bluetooth 4.1 for connectivity and accesses the internet with 4G LTE connections and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n adapter.
Nokia 5 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano SIM slots.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: n/a
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels(HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~294 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal aluminium design
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Colours: Matte Black and Tempered Blue.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: GHz Octa-Core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB internal memory.
- External Storage: expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint.
- Lens: 13MP autofocus.
- LED Flash: dual-tone LED Flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture
1.12um pixel size
- Lens: 8MP autofocus.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features:
- Launch Date: November 2017.
- Availability: November 2017.
How much is Nokia 5 in India?
The Nokia 5 3GB variant will be available starting at Rs. 13499.