The Jetson AGX Xavier is standalone production modules manufactured by NVIDIA with this product being the ideal embedded solution for all AI developers. Furthermore, the Jetson Xavier belongs to NVIDIA?s AGX Systems for autonomous machines.
Therefore, it is best for allowing robotic platforms in the field to have workstation-level execution, deploying computer vision and AI to the edge as well as the capability of operating independently without the need for cloud connectivity or human intervention.
Machines that get powered by the Jetson AGX Xavier operate intelligently hence have the liberty of navigating and interacting safely with its surroundings, not hindered by dynamic obstacles and complex terrains thus achieving real-world tasks completely autonomous.
Some of these tasks include industrial inspections which necessitate innovative levels of real-time perception, package delivery and inferencing to accomplish.
Additionally, since the Jetson AGX Xavier is the world?s first computer designed explicitly for edge computing and robots, therefore enabling it to carry out high-performance sensor fusion, visual odometry, obstacle detection, localization, and mapping as well as path planning algorithms vital to next-generation robots.
Features of the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier
- Jeston AGX Xavier?s platform consists of 8-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 64-bit CPU, an integrated 512-core NVIDIA Volta GPU, which consists of 64 Tensor Cores, dual NVIDIA Deep Learning Accelerator (DLA) engines, 16GB 256-bit LPDDR4X, add video codecs. Furthermore, present in the platform includes 16 lanes of PCIe Gen 4 expansion, NVIDIA Vision Accelerator engine, as well as 128Gbs of dedicated camera ingest.
- There are over nine billion transistors present in the Jetson AGX Xavier from NVIDIA that are based on the most complicated System-o-Chip (SoC) ever to be created.
- The Jetpack SDK 4.1.1 by NVIDIA present in the Jetson AGX Xavier comprises TensorRT 5.0, cuDNN 7.3, CUDA 10.0 which subsequently offer the complete AI software load.
- Its memory bandwidth of over 256-bit interface weights 137GB/s, whereas the DLA engines unburden inferencing of Deep Neural Networks (DNNs).
- Usually, users can set up the operating modes at either 10W, 15W or 30W depending on the application they are using, and the input voltage necessitates to be between 9.0V to 20VDC.
- The thermals of the Jetson AGX Xavier ranges between -25 degrees Celsius to 80 degrees Celsius.
- NVIDA?s Jetson AGX Xavier has a storage of 32GB eMMC 5.1.
- Present in the Jetson AGX Xavier is an encoder, (4x) 4Kp60 | (8x) 4Kp30 | (16x) 1080p60 | (32x) 1080p30 Maximum throughput up to (2x) 1000MP/s ? H.265 Main. Moreover, the decoder is a (2x) 8Kp30 | (6x) 4Kp60 | (12x) 4Kp30 | (26x) 1080p60 | (52x) 1080p30 Maximum throughput of up to (2x) 1500MP/s ? H.265 Main.
- Sockets of the Jetson AGX Xavier by NVIDIA is a 100x87mm with 16mm Z-height as well as a 699-pin board-to-board connector.
- Has USB ports, (3x) USB 3.1 + (4x) USB 2.0.
- The Cameras of the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier has (8x) SLVS-EC lanes, (16x) MIPI CSI- 2 lanes, and 36 virtual channels as well as up to six active sensors.
- The Jetson AGX Xavier has an ethernet connection that is 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet + MAC + RGMII interface.
Functions of the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier
- This module is present in last-mile delivery machines since the Jetson AGX Xavier allows for real-time, various algorithm processing needed for safely navigating through crowded sidewalks and densely populated regions.
- State of the art medical devices gets powered by the Jetson AGX Xavier for all offline portable gadgets, which allow GPU equipped image processing with machines that have leaning software. Subsequently, it will enable doctors to carry out eye exams while on the field and assess for diabetic retinopathy. Furthermore, because the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier are energy-efficient, they are perfect for portable medical imaging.
- Researchers use the Jetson AGX Xavier due to its perception ad understanding dexterity of language processing hence been used in deep learning to advance robots of the next generation which can interact with humans while still manipulating the world.
- From automated optical inspection (AOI) to pick-and-place robotic assembly, the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier is the future platform for application in factories, industrial robots as well as manufacturing environments.
- Jetson AGX Xavier powered robots help in improving the retail experience of your clients as well as ensure your store is always safe. Moreover, this module is also used in cashier-less stores, customer service and inventory tracking, thus making the Jetson AGX Xavier the future of the next retail experience wave.
- Video systems powered by the Jetson AGX Xavier ensure all your employees remain safe while on your workstation and the site is secure too. Moreover, high and stationary cameras powered by this module use computer vision and AI to carry out vehicle and equipment tracking, do inspections, as well as notify you to any unauthorized guests in your secure locales.
- Farm robots are powered by the Jetson AGX Xavier by NVIDIA consequently saving you money and crops by utilizing deep learning to precisely spray weeds guaranteeing your valuable plants remain healthy.
- By embedding the Jetson AGX Xavier in autonomous robots in the warehouse allows computer vision processing and Advanced AI necessary for object recognition, navigation and data security of everything within your warehouse.
- Smart cities get powered by the Jetson AGX Xavier thus enabling autonomous robots to carry out intelligent video analysis and AI at the edge of the network. Subsequently, this applies to different things like parking and traffic management to retail analytics. Jetson AGX Xavier?s low-power design, deep learning, embeddability, and computer vision make it critical in the smart cities.