OPay is an electronic payment wallet launched by the software company Opera, developers of the famous browser Opera Mini. It is a mobile payment platform that grants its users electronically pay for goods and services via a mobile phone via the OPay application.
To improve the use of OPay, OPay has launched several services that accept OPay as an exclusive payment method. Operating services like ORide, OTrike, OFood, OBus, OWealth, OLeads, OKash, OCar, etc. They accept OPay as an exclusive payment method.
OPay also benefits from meager prices and offers to generate enthusiasm for its services and increase its use. This strategy seems to work because OPay’s facilities are well-known names in the cities where OPay was introduced in Nigeria.
OPay is a mobile service app that provides you a lot. This is why it is widely used today in Nigeria and other African countries. With OPay Mobile App, you can recharge your phone as soon as possible without making a purchase.
You can easily download the OPay mobile app from the Google Play Store and start using it to charge your phone and online charging plan directly in your app.
You must finance your electronic wallet to be able to use it when the need arises. Once you’ve funded your wallet, you can buy airtime or deposit money from an account to someone’s account in the OPay app.
Table of Contents
- Download Links for OPay Mobile Application
- Features of OPay Mobile App.
- How to Finance an OPay Mobile App
- How to Withdraw from OPay Mobile App
Download Links for OPay Mobile Application
- For Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=otech.app.opay&hl=en
- For iOS (iPhone) users: https://apps.apple.com/bw/app/opay-send-money-pay-bills/id1463776084
Features of OPay Mobile App.
- Buy airtime: you can buy airtime for your mobile phone and others. Such as MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel are currently supported.
- Buy data: you can buy a data plan for any mobile phone. MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile are presently compatible with this service.
- Subscribe to pay for TV: you can subscribe to satellite and terrestrial TV services such as DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes.
- Payment of electricity bill: you can also pay for electricity. Distribution companies currently supported include Abuja, Eko, Ibadan, Ikeja, Kano, and Port Harcourt.
- Hail a Ride: OPay offers a variety of transportation services. It has ORide to name the bikes, OCar to call the cars (similar to Uber), OTrike to name the tricycles, and OBus to call the buses.
- Order food at home: you can order food at local restaurants near you.
- Money transfer: you can transfer money to other OPay users or a bank account.
- QR payment: this is a new service that will allow you to quickly pay for goods and services in physical locations and physical stores. Merchants who support OPay QR will have a sign indicating this. After purchase, scan the QR code to make payment.
- Receive money via QR: as an OPay user. That means I can scan your QR code and send you money.
- Quick loan: with OKash, you can get a quick loan without any delay.
- Invest: OWealth offers an annual rate of 10% on your investment.
- Set up your betting account: you can deposit funds into your OPay betting account. Sports betting services currently compatible in OPay Mobile App include NairaBet, Bet9ja, and Supabets.
- Create and be online: OLeads is a service that lets you create web pages in minutes. It’s a straightforward, fast, and inexpensive way to generate a network presence for your business.
How to Finance an OPay Mobile App
There are different ways to deposit funds into your OPay account, depending on the ideas you have.
If you already have a current or saving bank account, you can send money to your OPay wallet via your bank account. There are two ways or types that you can use.
The 1st method (my preferred method) is to transfer from your bank account via the Internet Banking or Mobile Banking application to the phone number, which you used in registering on OPay, eliminating the first zero as an account number and Paycom as a bank.
Banks that currently support direct transfers to OPay mobile apps include GTBank, First Bank, Access Bank, Union Bank, FCMB, UBA, Diamond Bank, Wema Bank, Sterling Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Heritage Bank and Union Bank.
Another way to fund your OPay wallet is to add a debit / ATM card to the account on the day of payment. Just add credentials, and you’re done.
If you want to fund your OPay account in cash without a bank account, you must use the OPay agent to deposit funds into your account. You give them the money and your OPay number, and they send the electronic value to their OPay wallet.
To find an OPay agent near you, open the application and tap on Nearby representative, you will get all Opay representative near you with their address and even their telephone number.
This method can also be useful for people who have a bank account, if for some reason you cannot access your account or if the wallet is more comfortable to finance with money. You will not be charged to pay fees for depositing funds into your account through an agent.
How to Withdraw from OPay Mobile App
There are different ways to withdraw funds from your wallet. It depends on where you want to withdraw money or withdraw money from your bank account.
To raise funds, you must visit an OPay representative near you and request a withdrawal. Then, the agent will give you their OPay account number, transfer the funds to them, and provide you with the money minus the transaction.
Although investing funds in OPay Mobile app through an agent is free, withdrawing funds has a transaction cost that ranges from 50 nairas to 1,500 nairas.
To withdraw to a bank account, click on Transfer, then in the Send to options, select Bank. Now select the Bank, account number, and the amount you want to transfer and press Done.