Portable washing machines are the best options for those who do not have space for a full-sized one. It can assist you in saving the time and energy you spend on doing your laundry. It is time to bid farewell to your periodic visits to the laundromat.
These machines are usually smaller and a little lesser in capacity or performance than traditional washers. The portable washing machines utilize a sink connection or buckets of water to launder clothes. They can also be kept in utility closets when not in use.
Portable washers have both electric and manual models. So it doesn’t matter if you are outdoors or just trying to launder your clothes in your residence; you can get one that aligns with your needs.
Their average capacity typically clocks around 1.5 cubic feet, which is virtually identical in size to a pair of jeans, shirt, underwear, and even a set of pillowcases.
The purpose of this article is to get you acquainted with the best portable washing machine options available on the market.
Table of Contents
- Lavario 1204 Manual Portable Clothes Washer
- Magic Chef MCSTCW16W4 1.6 cu. ft. Compact White Top Load Washing Machine
- The Laundry Alternative Wonderwash 0.7 cu. ft. High-efficiency Portable Washer
- Costway Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
- Panda PAN6320W Portable Washing Machine
- GE GNW128PSMWW 2.8 cu. ft. 8-Cycle Top-Loading Portable Washer
- Black + Decker BPWM09W 0.9 cu. ft. Portable Top-Load Washer
- Danby DWM030WDB-6 0.9 cu. ft. Compact Top Load Washing Machine
- Things to look out for in portable washing machines
Lavario 1204 Manual Portable Clothes Washer
This is the perfect laundry set-up for campers. The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer is the most suitable equipment to take along on camping trips. This closely-packed, manual washer doesn’t rely on electricity, and yet, it will still launder out the most stubborn grime.
It’s powered by the hand, which means it’s eco-friendly. However, it is energy-demanding. If you buy it, you can anticipate a basic and straightforward design that’s 14 pounds of weight and measures 19 x 19 x 24 inches.
To utilize this patented equipment, you should load up the basket with the clothes you want to launder. Put a suitable amount of water and detergent into the bucket, then proceed to submerge the basket by pumping it up and down.
In about 20 minutes, your clothes should be clean, and you can then reload the bucket with fresh water for rinsing. Squeeze excess moisture out of your clothes, then set them out to dry.
- It doesn’t rely on electricity to operate
- It is eco-friendly
- The machine is affordable
- It is hand-powered, which means it demands human energy to operate
- It doesn’t squeeze out clothes well for hanging
Magic Chef MCSTCW16W4 1.6 cu. ft. Compact White Top Load Washing Machine
For a budget-friendly portable laundry machine that performs a superb clean and possesses several identical features as the full-size models, you need the Magic Chef MCSTCW16W4. This laundry set-up appears and feels like the lesser-sized version of a top-loader laundry machine.
Its capacity is 1.6-cubic-foot, which is perfect for working on light loads of laundry. This portable laundry appliance has nice features such as a see-through top window, electronic controls, and a stainless steel inner tub.
In order to make use of it, connect the water supply hoses to a water source. You can then select from six wash cycles, including normal, heavy-duty, delicates, bulky items, speed wash, and more.
Additionally, there are three available water temperature options. This can be configured, depending on the kind of fabrics in your load, and the amount of energy in use. Usually, cold water cycles utilize less energy and, as a result, cost less to operate.
You can also use liquid or powdered detergent to the detergent dispenser of this model. These can be mixed into your laundry once the wash cycle begins. When the machine is done laundering, the machine sounds a signal to notify you so you know when to eject your clothes and hang them out to dry.
- Features a detergent dispenser
- Has a see-through window
- Various water temperature options
- It is not easy to move around
- It can leak
The Laundry Alternative Wonderwash 0.7 cu. ft. High-efficiency Portable Washer
If your residence is detached from the electric power grid, you’ll most likely require a portable washing machine that does not depend on electricity. In this scenario, a recommended option to consider is the highly-rated Laundry Alternative Wonderwash Portable Washing Machine.
It is a manual washing machine that weighs just 6 pounds, and it can launder your clothes in a matter of minutes. The machine can be powered through a hand crank, and the tub can carry as much as 10 shirts at a time. It is mild on clothes, and will have a longer life span since it lacks any motorized parts that would usually need repairs at some point.
Due to its non-reliance on electricity to function, it is suitable for people living off-the-grid or anyone who wants to reduce the weight of their bills and, while scoring the cleanest clothes.
- The machine is manual, and it doesn’t rely on electricity to function
- It is gentle or mild on laundry
- It has a longer lifespan than motorized or electric laundry machines
- It is time and energy-demanding
- The machine is not easy to assemble
- The machine can leave soap residue in your laundry
Costway Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
This is the most affordable electric portable laundry set-up on the list. With this machine, you can save your money and get the cleanest laundry with the COSTWAY Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub.
Despite its tiny size, the portable washing machine provides several features, including twin tubs: one for washing, and one for spin-drying. Each tub is equipped with its timer, so you can launder your clothes to your preference.
To begin a wash cycle, put in your dirty clothes and get the tub filled with water. While the tub is filling up, be sure you are closeby, so that you can turn it off when it is full. Configure the timer on the wash-tub and begin the cycle.
As for the spin cycle, breeze through the same guidelines, and ensure your load is not beyond the 8-pound capacity. The spin-drying tub will almost completely dry your clothes, because this machine runs at 120V. This is identical to the voltage of more pricey portable washing machines.
It is a very functional laundry machine, despite its relatively low price tag.
- Each tub has its own timer
- Features a spin dryer
- The price is pocket-friendly
- While the tub is filling up, it doesn’t turn off on its own
- The spin dryer doesn’t dry clothes, it just leaves them damp
Panda PAN6320W Portable Washing Machine
This laundry machine is the best fit for a recreational vehicle. It doesn’t matter if you are staying in a recreational vehicle for a lengthy period or just for a short while. One thing is obvious, you will have to do your laundry at some point.
The Panda Portable Washing Machine is the perfect laundry buddy for you. It provides you with a large space and an incredible 10 washing cycles that will take on your stubborn stains.
This machine also features two built-in rollers so you can conveniently move the machine when you want to cook or access the bed at the rear of your recreational vehicle.
You can load your laundry into this portable washing machine every day, or even the beddings you slept on, after a hike. The stainless steel tub measures 1.34 cubic feet.
This is big enough for a laundry load comprising a set of beddings, or at least your entire clothes that are worn that day. The wash cycles proceed stealthily and with absolute ease, and the machine even features a fabric softener dispenser.
- It has a vast array of washing cycles
- Its interior is large
- It features a fabric softener dispenser
- The machine is not an eye-catching
- It has puzzling instructions
GE GNW128PSMWW 2.8 cu. ft. 8-Cycle Top-Loading Portable Washer
This is a high-end and very pricey portable laundry appliance. Many portable laundry machines are small in size, and this can be frustrating if you have many clothes to wash.
However, if you are ready to purchase a bigger and more sophisticated portable washing machine, the GE Portable Washer will make your laundry chore a whole lot easier, and enjoyable.
This high-end portable laundry machine has an incredible 2.8 cubic foot capacity, which is virtually triple the size of several comparable products. It features electronic one-touch controls, and you can select from eight various cycles, including delicates, towels, and sheets. It also has four wash temperatures.
This machine has caster wheels for easy movement of the equipment around the house. The machine’s interior is a stainless steel basket that is rust-resistant and mild on your clothes.
The hose water input attaches to a standard kitchen or bathroom faucet with ease. This makes the installation of this equipment a walk in the park, and it is worth every cent of its high price tag.
- The machine has a large interior
- A rich variety of wash cycles
- Possesses caster wheels that enchances its portability
- It is very expensive, and may burn a hole in your pocket
- The machine doesn’t fill all the way
Black + Decker BPWM09W 0.9 cu. ft. Portable Top-Load Washer
Getting a portable laundry machine that doesn’t tamper with the decor or layout of your residence may seem difficult. However, the Black + Decker 0.9-cubic foot Portable Washer will make you have second thoughts.
Its design is smooth, stylish, and attractive with LED displays. It also houses a viewing window situated on top of the lid that’ll enable you to monitor your laundry from a distance.
Even though it has a lesser capacity than some portable laundry equipment, it’s also a suitable addition for residential living. This is because you get to select between five wash cycles and three water levels.
The machine is very convenient as you can tend to this machine with ease while viewing TV or working from home. Another amazing thing about this machine is how easy it is to move around the house.
You can easily change its location to a different room, despite the machine not being wheeled. You can even move its location to your living room, while you arrange your dry clothes and watch it operate.
- The machine’s exterior is smooth, shiny and stylish
- It is very portable, you can easily move it around the house
- It has a viewing window
- The interior is small
- Tends to develop button issues
Danby DWM030WDB-6 0.9 cu. ft. Compact Top Load Washing Machine
Most households that are used to bigger washing machine’s bells and whistles, or desires to configure their laundry experience as much as they can, would probably prefer a portable washer with a variety of settings.
The Danby DWM030WDB-6 is a suitable option in this case because it features five wash settings, two wash speeds, and separate dispensers for detergent and fabric softener.
The wash configurations include well-known presets like delicates, normal, heavy-duty, and speed wash. You can select anyone to begin a cycle instantly, or utilize the delay start function.
Keeping interior in mind, this gadget features a stainless steel tub that doesn’t easily wear out. It also houses an in-built balancing technology that makes sure your clothes are laundered evenly.
The spin cycle is also very functional, and will almost completely dry your clothes without making a fuss in the process. Ensure you properly install the drain hose at the accurate height so that you don’t encounter challenges later on.
- The machine features a delay start function
- It has distinct dispensers for fabric softener and detergent
- Its interior features a stainless steel tub
- It is not easy to properly install
- Moving it about is not difficult
Things to look out for in portable washing machines
- Capacity: Portable appliances are smaller than most conventional washers, and several of them won’t be able to fully replace a traditional washer. Even though most full-sized washers measure over 3.5 cubic feet, compact options can be less than a cubic foot. So if you are planning to wash a lot of heavy garments, sheets, and towels, it’s best to look for a big drum.
- Power Source: Some portable laundries can be plugged in and configured as a regular device, while others have to be tuned manually to provide the stirring needed to clean your clothes. Electric versions seem to be bigger, but they can swallow more space in your apartment.
- Water Management: Like electricity, some compact washing machines are more specific when it comes to water entry and exit. Although high-end options can be connected to sink faucets for bathrooms or kitchens, you would have to fill up and empty the bathtubs at the beginning and end of each cycle. This can also make rinsing easier.