Whenever you purchase an item you don’t like, you return it to get your money back. However, with a digital purchase like a movie, songs, books, app, games, etc. from Apple iTunes Store on your iDevices, refunds are less common.
The Cupertino based company doesn’t guarantee refunds for iTunes purchases. Unlike refunds on physical goods, if you download a song from iTunes and you request a refund, you might end up with both your money and the song.
Yeah, right? So because of this situation, which is not a characteristic of Apple, the company does not issue refunds to every person who requests a refund and once they do; they don’t make the process easy.
In this article, we will talk about the ways you can get a refund from iTunes and it applies only to macOS running Mojave, High Sierra and Sierra and iOS devices running iOS 12 or 11.
But for a similar guide regarding earlier versions of iOS and macOS, you can check Account > Purchase History.
How to Request a Refund on an iTunes Purchase on a Computer?
If you have purchased an item for iTunes, you think you want no more or it doesn’t work right, you can get a refund for that item. If you find yourself in this situation, follow the steps below on how you can ask Apple to refund your money back.
1. Launch your iTunes and select Store is at the top of the screen. If it’s not yet selected, you can go to the iTunes Store.
2. Next, select Account in the panel on the right side of the screen. Then sign in with your Apple credentials (ID and password) when prompted.
3. Locate the Purchase History section in the Account Information screen. While there, click the See All button.
4. Then scroll through your Purchase History, and locate the item you want to return and select More.
5. Next, to report a problem, select Report a Problem button in a list that will pop up.
6. Choose I’d like to request a refund from a drop-down menu that would be presented before you
7. While in the Describe this problem field, state the reason you are requesting a refund and then click Submit.
Once that is done, you might get an immediate response, but sometimes it might take a few days to get a refund or a message from iTunes Support requesting for additional information and they might deny your request.
How to request a refund on iTunes from an iOS device?
On the previous article on how to request a refund from Apple App Store on any iDevice, you would notice that it was done in the Purchase History (iPad & iOS).
However, requesting a refund from iTunes is the same process but different from the one on the Mac.
Below are the steps you can take to request a refund from iTunes using your iOS device
- Enter reportproblem.apple.com on your Safari browser to open the Report a Problem screen.
- Next, scroll down to the item (s) you are requesting a refund for and then tap Report
- Tap on Choose Problem and then select I’d like to request a refund from the list of options that will be presented to you at the bottom of the screen.
- State the problem or explain why you are requesting a refund for a product in the Describe this Problem field.
- Next, tap on the Submit button.
Note: Make sure your refund request from the iTunes is made within 90 days of the product purchase date. Also, know that the more you request a refund, the more likely you will not get one
Everyone makes incorrect purchase occasionally but if you are a regular buyer from iTunes and you always ask for a refund, Apple might see the patterns in your purchase and deny your requests.
Share your thoughts with us by leaving feedback about this article in the comments section below.