Two months into 2017, Huawei released the Honor V9 and the Honor V9 Play some months later. The Chinese OEM is geared up to release an upgrade to the earlier released versions in the Honor “V-series”.
The device is code named the Honor V10 is a premium flagship device with all-round goodness surrounding its specifications. Let’s see what the upcoming Huawei Honor V10 will most likely be bringing to the V-series.
Design & Display
Foremost, the Huawei Honor V10 will come with glass covering on the front and back and aluminum framing around the edges. The glass on the rear is an indication that the Honor V10 will support wireless charging using a charging mat or charging pad.
Turning the Huawei Honor V10 to the rear reveals a dual camera set-up alongside dual LED flash lights. Another interesting feature of the Honor V10 is the IP67 certification it boasts of. This certification confers the Honor V10 the ability to function normally under water of 1-meter depth for up to 30minutes.
This particularly comes in handy when you wish to use your smartphone in the bathroom, in the kitchen, or even take it swimming.
The Honor V10 will features a full view display with very minimal amount of bezel. The device will come with a Quad-HD screen with a size of 5.99 inches, a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and a Gorilla Glass technology protection by Corning.
Performance and Memory
On the Honor V10, Huawei employs her native Hisilicon processor, the Kirin 970 64-bit processor. Under the hood, there are 8 cores running at super fast speeds (Four 2.4GHz Cortex-A73 & Four 1.8GHz Cortex-A53 processors). In charge of graphics is a powerful Mali-G72 MP12 GPU.
Joining the becoming-long list of smartphones with monster RAM is the Huawei Honor V10. The device will come with 6GB of RAM and either 64GB or 128GB of built-in memory. The Honor V10 doesn’t have a dedicated SD card slot or support for external memory. The Huawei Honor V10 will bring on board, refined level of perform as it comes out of the box with the latest Android 8.0 Oreo operating system.
The Huawei Honor V10 runs a tri-camera system. There are two cameras on the rear with an individual resolution of 20-megapixels and 16-megapixels respectively. To brighten up the subjects to be captured, there are two (dual) LED flash light embedded for such purposes.
On the front of the Honor V10 is a single 16-megapixels with that stands alone with no flashlight support.
The Huawei Honor V10 carries the same battery type and capacity as its predecessor, the Honor V9 and Honor V9 Play. The devices comes with 4,000 mAh battery with support for Flash/Fast/Quick Charge. With this battery size, at least a full day of usage is guaranteed.
Huawei Honor V10 Expexted Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo).
- User Interface: Huawei EMUI V8.0
Design & Display
- Dimensions: N/A.
- Weight: N/A
- Display size: 5.99 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1440 * 2560 pixels (QHD).
- Pixel resolution: ~490 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal/Glass body Design.
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass. IP67 Water & Dust resistance
- Colours: Various colours.
- Processor Name/Technology: Huawei Hisilicon Kirin 970
- Processor Speed: 2.4GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- External Storage: Not supported
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor.
- Lens: Dual 20MP + 16MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties: Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, Face detection, Phase Detection, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus
- Lens: 13MP.
- LED Flash: Not available
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 16, 2017.
- Availability: December 8, 2017.
How much will the Huawei Honor V10 cost?
When the Honor V10 eventually launches officially, it will expected to retail between $450 to $500, just about the same price range with many premium flagships from rival brands.