Are you looking for the best VPN that you can use to access Twitter in Nigeria? We’ve got you covered. Go through this list and find out which VPN is best for your Android or iOS device.
Twitter is suspended in Nigeria, and you can’t use the Twitter app on your Android or iOS device, or at least not without using a VPN.
In this guide, I’ve described a way to access Twitter using a VPN, and you can use it to tweet freely from Nigeria.
Why was Twitter suspended in Nigeria?
On Wednesday, June 2nd, Twitter took down a tweet from Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, in which he promised to punish separatists in the country’s southeast who authorities had blamed for attacks on federal property.
“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War,” wrote Buhari, a retired general, referring to the 1967-1970 conflict. “Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand.”
According to the social media platform, Buhari’s tweet violated its policy for “abusive behavior.” So the platform removed the post and suspended his account for 12 hours.
How long will the suspension last?
Authorities have not clarified how and when the restriction will begin. But as of Saturday, June 5th, 2021, Nigerian users can no longer access the platform
What is VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It’s a service that allows you to connect to a server in a different country. A VPN has encryption, so your identity and information are safe.
It also has a lot of benefits, such as anonymous browsing and connection speeds. You can unblock geographically restricted websites, and you can bypass most types of firewalls.
VPN that you can use to access Twitter from Nigeria
NordVPN is a privacy-protected app that does not track, collect, or share data. It offers a simple and easy-to-use app for protecting wireless devices.
It allows you to gain secure access to a streaming website, social media sites, and messaging platform like Twitter.
- It has 5500 NordVPN servers spread across 59 countries.
- It offers a dual VPN (a way to browse anonymously by connecting to a series of servers).
- NordVPN does not maintain an online log of user activity.
- Provides product support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- With a single tap, users can connect to the VPN server.
- It assists you in remaining safe while using public Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a double VPN, onion over VPN servers, and P2P networks.
2. Turbo VPN
Turbo VPN is a free VPN that helps you to securely stream videos and access sites like Twitter from any location, including while traveling.
It’s one of the best free VPNs for Android, allowing you to access your favorite websites, games, and apps whenever you want. You can encrypt your Internet traffic and hide IPs from hackers by using this tool.
- It can avoid firewalls for unrestricted access to the internet.
- Turbo VPN helps protect your wireless Internet hotspot.
- You can use the internet without being tracked when you want to.
- Work with all mobile data transmitters, LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi.
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) or TCP encrypts data (Transmission Control Protocol).
- Connect with a single tap to the VPN proxy server.
- Windscribe is a VPN based in Canada that has risen through the ranks of free VPN providers due to its generous monthly data allowance of 10GB and its strong commitment to user privacy. iOS, macOS, Android, Linux, and browsers are all supported.
- It is one of the best VPN that you can use to access Twitter in Nigeria.
- 10GB free and more available data
- App for iOS that is simple to use
- Servers in ten different countries
- Torrenting is permitted.
- There is no limit to the number of concurrent connections.
- Adblocking software and a strict no-logs policy
- It is compatible with the BBC iPlayer, YouTube, and HBO GO.
ExpressVPN protects your internet browsing from three-letter agencies and scammers. It provides unrestricted access to music, social media, and video while never logging IP addresses, DNS queries, browsing history, or traffic destination.
- Servers in 160 countries and 160 locations
- Connect to the VPN with no bandwidth restrictions.
- Uses leak proofing and encryption to provide online security.
- Stay safe by concealing your IP address and encrypting your network data.
- Email and live chat support are always available.
- To gain access to hidden sites, pay with Bitcoin and use Tor.
- AES 256-bit encryption can be used to secure and protect mobile data.
- More than 12 languages are supported.
CyberGhost software enables secure peer-to-peer (P2P) torrenting. All streaming services are unblocked. It encrypts your internet connection and protects your security and digital privacy.
It protects you automatically whenever you connect to a new internet connection.
- Over 7000 servers spread across 91 countries and counting,
- Enables NoSpy server access. Allows
- Crypt data using the latest encryption technology with 256-bit AES
- It can be connected simultaneously to seven devices
- Comes with unlimited bandwidth
- CyberGhost VPN enables you to first protect your privacy and protect you from data miners and hackers.
- With a single tap, you can conceal your IP address.
- When you connect to an unsecured public network, you will receive a notification.
IPVanish is a service that lets you hide your IP. It has over 1,400 servers spread across 75+ locations around the world.
This application offers the fastest Virtual Private Network service for a variety of smartphones.
- It doesn’t keep track of anything.
- Automatically recommend the fastest VPN server.
- The app assists you in making your internet connection secure.
- You can move from one server to another.
- Multiple VPN protocols are supported.
- It employs a 256-bit encryption method.
Surfshark gives you quick and secure access to web content, conceals your location, and safeguards your sensitive data. Secure tunneling protocols such as OpenVPN and IKEv2 are available with this software.
- There are over 3200 servers in 65 countries.
- Allow specific apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
- Hide your real IP address to maintain your privacy.
- This software does not log your IP address, WebRTC, or DNS leaks.
- End-to-end encryption is provided by AES 256.
- You have the option to connect as many devices as you want.
- It does not keep track of activity logs.
Unlocator is another VPN that you can use to access Twitter in Nigeria. It enables you browse the internet while remaining anonymous and unrestricted.
Your network connection is encrypted whenever you use this software, and all of your network activity is secure.
- Unlocator has servers in 36 different countries.
- It is compatible with 58 different devices and platforms.
- Allows you to access privacy and security with a single click.
- It combines the privacy of a VPN with the convenience of Smart DNS streaming.
- With no IP DNS or WebRTC leaks, you can effectively protect your privacy.
Your IP address is hidden with Freedome since it is redirected to a different location. Online banking, e-commerce transactions, taxes, surfing, and streaming are all secured using this program.
It also allows you to view geo-restricted content.
- Provides a limitless amount of bandwidth
- F-Secure makes it simple to access geo-restricted content.
- There is no need to register or create an account to use this software.
- It prevents your internet provider from following you across the internet and monitoring your behavior.
Hide.me is an Android and iOS app that provides security and privacy when browsing the web and accessing sites like Twitter from Nigeria. This utility supports both the OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocols.
You can begin using this service by simply pressing a single button.
- You are free to use any app or website you like.
- Allows you to access the web or download files while being anonymous.
- Viber, Tango, Skype, and other VOIP services can be unblocked.
- Stream live video from any location on the planet.
- It assists you in safeguarding your online identity.
- This app allows for a quick and straightforward setup.
- When your internet connection is lost, it will automatically reconnect.
- Hide.me keeps no activity logs.
TunnelBear is a Canadian virtual private network service. This application assists you in protecting your privacy and concealing your real IP address.
It allows the user to browse the web safely and privately without difficulty.
- It connects to the server automatically to secure data 24/7.
- It has a straightforward design.
- You can see encrypted data tunneling in action.
- By default, it employs a strong AES 256-bit technique.
- With a single tap, you can select a country.
- The application does not keep track of any user activities.
- It protects your physical location from your service providers.
12. Hola Privacy VPN
Hola Privacy VPN provides privacy, encryption, and security with a free android application. It allows you to browse your website, video, and media safely.
- You can access your favorite content easily.
- Hola Privacy VPN lets you view international websites and applications.
- You can easily switch to different countries.
- It allows you to access your country’s website blocks, like Twitter.
- This app helps you speed up the web browser.
13. KeepSolid VPN
KeepSolid VPN provides a virtual online security network. This app helps you unlock all websites for video streaming.
You can use it to browse your geo-locked content to dodge any restriction.
- You can select your desired server.
- It encrypts traffic on the internet.
- Uses OpenVPN, WireGaurd, etc., protocols.
- It helps you to prevent malware infection.
- It can connect back to the internet and avoid unforeseen failures.
- Per account, you can use five devices.
14. Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
It’s easy to use Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection to navigate anonymously with just one single step. It helps secure your data and communication.
You can secure your Wi-Fi with this application.
- Twitter, shopping, video streaming, etc., is secure.
- It transfers and receives all data through a secure channel.
- It selects a virtual location for you automatically.
- Your IP address is not made public.
PrivateVPN is another good VPN that you can use to access Twitter in Nigeria. You can securely navigate the internet and encrypt transmitted data using the program.
Both IPSec and IKEv2 are available in this application.
- Use a public Wi-Fi hotspot to connect.
- The Internet channel is protected.
- This app prevents user location tracking.
- It has servers in over 60 different countries.
- If you disconnect VPN, you automatically suspend the internet connection.
- The bandwidth and speed are unlimited.
VyprVPN is a VPN service that lets you access the internet quickly and securely. You can log in as many times as you like using this app. It lets you connect to the internet securely.
This program provides a highly secure VPN server solution for content access.
- It protects public Wi-Fi networks.
- This program can restrict internet and network traffic automatically.
- Provides customization of VPN management facilities.
- It’s simple to install on your favorite device.
17. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a service provider with an open-source VPN service. It supports SOCKS5 (Socket Secure), WireGuard, and PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol).
This tool can protect you with a safe VPN tunnel.
- It offers wireless Internet access encryption.
- P2P protocol support.
- Block malware and publicity.
- Install the app immediately.
- No web traffic is logged.
- More than 3292 servers are available in over 46 countries.
18. Hotspot Shield VPN
Hotspot Shield VPN is an Android smartphone app designed to allow you to access content privately and securely. It offers over 3,200 VPN servers in more than 80 countries.
It’s one of the best free VPN programs for encrypting your Internet data.
- It is possible to block malware and phishing sites.
- Up to 5 devices can link accounts.
- Provides tech support 24 hours a day.
- Uses military encryption military level (advance encryption standard with 256-bit keys).
- This tool does not record your VPN browsing; therefore, it keeps your anonymity.
ProtonVPN is an Android app that allows you to access websites anonymously and encrypt your internet connection.
It uses a Swiss High-Speed VPN server that safeguards your privacy.
- Over 436 servers in more than 31 countries.
- It has perfect forward secrecy ciphers for better encryption.
- You can surf the internet without surveillance by using an anonymous VPN service.
- Traffic via a secure core network in countries such as Iceland and Switzerland.
Every month Speedify offers free 2GB of data. You can easily download a dedicated iOS application to your iPhone or iPad. It also supports Android devices.
You don’t need to sign-up to use the free VPN, which means that your personal information is not linked with your account, like your email address.
- Each month has 2GB of free data
- There are 430 servers in different countries.
- Enables sharing of P2Ps and torrents
- Combines mobile data and Wi-Fi to speed up
- Encryption for ChaCha 256-bit
- Twitter, HBO GO, & YouTube Works
21. Opera Browser
Opera offers a great user experience, with a wide range of features and new technologies, including its inbuilt VPN.
While browsing in the free, unlimited browser, there are no data limits, and the browser’s built-in ad-blocking and compression technology reduce annoying ads.
While it features a complete platform, we must note that Opera implements a proxy over HTTPS and cannot be considered a “true VPN.”
However, you can still use it to access Twitter in Nigeria without stress.
- Absolutely free to use the VPN bundled with Opera
- No data limits
- Has an abundance of features.
- zero logs
- Adblocker built-in.
- Better browsing with faster compression technology
- You can choose from five VPN server locations: Canada, the US, Germany, the Netherlands, and Singapore.
22. UR Browser
New in the world of VPN browsers, the UR browser is relatively fast and optimized. The website loads faster and is safer because it uses script-blockers and ad-blockers.
Its “Ninja Mode” feature offers varying levels of privacy that allow users to customize their level of privacy fully.
- VPN servers use only RAM.
- Elegant design.
- Effortless encryption.
- A secure (HTTPS) redirection.
- A variety of privacy settings.
- Adblocker built-in.
- No logs
- Free and open source
- Registration is not required.
23. Aloha Browser
Aloha is a browser that offers complete functionality and is designed with privacy in mind. It offers many customization options, giving users an impressive number of innovative functions (even in its free format).
Aloha has an open-source VPN protocol that is compatible with IPSec, IKEv2, and two proprietary protocols (patent pending).
- Provides a true VPN.
- Loads of excellent features (including a privacy report feature).
- Highly secure encryption.
- Passwords saved locally, encrypted
- No WebRTC or DNS leaks found.
- Custom server selection includes dedicated P2P/Torrents and Tor servers.
- There’s a lot of customization.
Tenta is an Android VPN app that integrates OpenVPN (making it a true VPN). This is a premium service with an affordable price point to fully protect your device.
Tenta has a more exciting feature than encrypting just your traffic. Bookmarks, downloaded files, and even separate tabs are all encrypted, even if you use a VPN!
Tenta claims to encrypt and completely block your browsing data while at the same time taking a zero-knowledge approach to your personal data.
- A true VPN
- The integrated OpenVPN protocol.
- TLS-secured DNS
- No logs.
- Unlimited data.
Tor is a web browser that’s available on multiple platforms. It includes privacy-focused features to safeguard your data from prying eyes as well as to allow you to access content from restricted regions.
Even if your internet service provider or country is blocking Tor, you can set it up to use a bridge during setup.
- Data encryption prior to transmission over the internet.
- Automated client data decryption.
- Firefox Browser and the Tor Project are combined.
- It provides anonymity to databases and websites.
- Access locked websites is now possible.
- Attempts to complete a task without revealing the source IP.
- Able to handle hidden service and application routing
The Cloudflare warp 18.104.22.168 app for Android and iOS is developed to provide faster mobile broadband connections, which will help your security and allow you to remain invisible to snoopers on your local network.
Still, it does not anonymize your web browsing traffic.
This service prevents your DNS requests from being exposed to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). In addition to speeding up your Internet connection, the Warp feature aims to provide some, but not all, of the security features of a VPN.
- Protects DNS requests from Internet Service Provider (ISP) snooping
- It keeps you safe from DNS poisoning
- Filters malware and pornographic material using Cloudflare infrastructure.
This article is for educational and informational purpose, use at your own risk, we will not be held responsible