Zamzar is a platform for converting files from one to another online. It was created by Mike and Chris Whyley on October 30th, 2006.
It basically takes a file that you have and converts it to a different format. Zamzar has helped to convert more than 400 million files and supports more than 1,200 different files.
Zamzar can be used to convert files like .docx files (Microsoft Word), PDF audio, videos, images, CAD files, e-Books, and zip files. It is user-friendly, and its user interface is easy to navigate.
Zamzar was named after the novel ‘The Metamorphosis.’The major character in the novel is Gregor Samsa, and Zamzar was derived from his surname. Their official website is zamzar.com.
Features of Zamzar
Here are a few conversions you can do effectively with Zamzar:
- PDF document (.pdf) to a Word document (.docx)
- PDF document (.pdf) to an Excel document (.xlsx)
- Word document (.docx) to a PDF document (.pdf)
- Word document (.docx) to JPEG image (.jpg or .jpeg) and lots more.
The good thing about this platform is that you do not have to download any software to use it. You just select your file, pick a format, fill in the information on this website, and in a few minutes, you will have the finished product. It is swift and effective.
I will walk you through using this site to convert a word document to a JPEG image. This example will help you work through any other conversion.
There are four simple steps, and they are as follows:
- Select your file: Click on the button that reads ‘Choose files.’A window with all the files on your device will appear, and then you choose your file and click on open. If you check the bottom of the page, your document will be entered there.
- Choose the format you are changing to and click on the button ‘convert files to’, and a dropdown will appear with different file formats. Scroll down and click on JPEG.
- Enter your e-mail address to receive converted files.
- Convert: You’ll see a text that says, ‘You agree to our terms’. Try to glance through the terms and conditions when you have the time, so you do not agree with what you do not know. Then click on ‘Convert’. It will take a few minutes to process and give the prompt, ‘Upload Complete’. Then the converted file will be sent to your e-mail address.
On the website, you will see a message that reads: ‘The file you have submitted for the conversion is now available for download from Zamzar.’
There will be a link in the email that will send you back to Zamzar’s website and download the file to your device. This can be done with multiple files at once.
There are two different sizes to choose from. Choose your preferred size and click on Download Now, then it will download to your device.
There are three subscription patterns on Zamzar and they are:
- Basic Plan
- Pro Plan
- Business Plan
The different capabilities are explained in the table below:
|Features||Basic Plan||Pro Plan||Business Plan|
|Maximum file size||200MB||400MB||2GB|
|File conversion per day||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Online storage||5 GB||20 GB||100 GB|
|Priority file conversion||High||Higher||Highest|
|Manage files with a personal inbox||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Minimum subscription period||One month||One month||One month|
|Price per month (USD)||$9||$16||$25|