Access Bank is a Nigerian multinational and commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
As one of Nigeria’s five largest banks in terms of assets, loans, deposits, and branch network, Access Bank is expanding its services through internet access devices.
Table of Contents
- Access Bank Mobile and Internet Banking
- Internet Banking via the App
- Use of Verve, Visa or MasterCard
- Mobile Banking
- Access (Diamond) Bank USSD Codes
Access Bank Mobile and Internet Banking
You can do with internet access and mobile banking:
- Check the account balance
- Check your account details
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay your bills
- Update and cancel payments
With internet access and mobile banking, you can transfer funds from anywhere 24 hours a day, seven days a week without visiting an agency or ATM.
For mobile banking, you can transfer a maximum of 100,000 Naira per day from your phone and purchase maximum airtime of 20,000 Naira per day.
Internet Banking via the App
The implementation of this service involves specific steps and is not as complicated as you think. You can download, print, and complete the application form online or visit any Access Bank branch near you to request and complete the form.
Anyway, send the form to the bank after filling in the exact information which should match the information you provided when opening your bank account.
Also, there are two types of Access Online Banking forms that you can fill out:
- Access Corporate Application Form – for corporate banking services.
- Access Bank Retail Application Form – for personal online banking
The bank will process the request and activate your online account after stuffing out and submitting the form you prefer. Then use this link to make online transactions. Use a password that you will remember;
You can also change the password at any time, but you must specify the old password that you used.
Use of Verve, Visa or MasterCard
You can pay online via ATM only Verve, Visa, or Mastercard. For most people, this method is excellent for buying goods and services, making transfers, and paying bills online.
However, there are differences between these cards:
- Access Bank Debit Verve Card allows you to pay directly from your account (Nigeria only).
- Access Bank Credit Visa Card is a dual currency payment card that allows you to spend and settle domestic transactions in Naira. In contrast, all of your international transactions are billed and paid in U.S. dollars.
- Access Bank Prepaid Card is a multi-currency payment card that can be transferred and is used for transactions via multiple channels. It is available in four currencies; NGN, GBP, USD, and Euro; The card is accepted worldwide.
Once you have received permission from an Access Bank branch to use any of the ATM cards for online transactions, you can enter your card number and security code to facilitate online banking.
Access to mobile banking services is available to customers whose BVN and telephone numbers are registered. The following steps enable you to complete a transaction with a network application.
- Register with the USSD bank of the access bank by dialing *901# on your phone.
- You will be asked to input your BVN number to complete the registration.
The subscription is free, and with the previous steps, you can access your account immediately. However, the bank must use an authentication token issued by Access Bank.
But if you do not have an authentication buffer, you must go to any Access Bank branch to obtain the transaction PIN code.
Access (Diamond) Bank USSD Codes
- To transfer money to the access bank: select *901*1*AMOUNT* NUBAN account number from your telephone number, then confirm with the security code of your transfer, which is four last digits of your BVN number.
- To make a transfer to other banks – dial *901*2*QUANTITY*NUBAN account number#. Payment is N80 + N4.00 (VAT).
- To purchase airtime – dial *901*Quantity#
- To check the status of your account, dial *901*5# on the telephone number of the registered access bank and enter your security code.
- To purchase data for all communication networks, dial *901*8#.
- You can also open a bank account without visiting an agency or do not fill out any form. Just dial *901*0# and follow the text instructions:
- Provide your personal information or your BVN number;
- After providing the required information, you will receive an SMS with the details of your new account number.