“I Forgot my iPhone Password”, Users of iPhone/iPad suffering from this type of situation when they forgot their iPhone passcode. The little confusion here?
Basically, password and passcode are equal for an iOS while we discussing the topic of the password which is locked your home screen on iPhone.
In words we can say “password”. But actually it is “passcode”. So there is no more difference between them. There are many ways to reset iPhone password. But this method is very easy and speedy, which I am gonna show you.
I Forgot my iPhone Password, How can i fix it?
First of all when you going to reset your iPhone password you have to restore your phone. During restoring method, your data might be delete from your iOS device.
To fix this problem, you have to need to take a backup. These all things available happen, just connect your iPhone to your a PC or a laptop with iTunes.
- Download iTunes now and connect your iPhone to the laptop.
- Open iTunes. After opening that, Your device will automatically recognized in iTunes.
- Now, wait for the automatic sync and backup to complete. (If the automatic sync and backup doesn’t occur, right-click on your device and select “Sync”.)
- Click on “Restore iPhone” button. This may take a several time.
- Select “Restore from iTunes backup” during the Setup.
- Wait a second for backup to load.
- Device resetting will clear your forgotten passcode. It allowing you to unlock your iPhone/iPod.
If you want to secure your device again, you can set a new passcode.
If Device not Recognized in iTunes
Connect your device with iTunes in The laptop. If iTunes doesn’t recognize your device, You can go with Find my iPhone/iPod and enable visibility of your device. But, Here you can not do anything like that because the device is locked and you forgot iPhone password.
Then you have only one way to make your device recognized in iTunes. And here are some steps to follow:
- Tap on the power button for 3 seconds, you will get the display to turning off your device.
- After that, hold the power button and home key button for 10-12 minutes. Then release the power button and keep holding home button until it does not recognize in iTunes.
- Once it recognized your device make home button free. And you will appear popup on the laptop screen. Click OK, you will see “Restore iPod/iPhone”, tap on that.
- Now follow above section(I Forgot my iPhone Password, How can i fix it?)