Have you ever wondered what an average Nigerian musician earns? I must say, it might not seem like they are receiving a lot to you, but one thing is for sure, these guys are big boys who make millions of cash yearly, and many of them love the flamboyant life, and basking in their wealth.
The music industry is packed with talented individuals, and it takes a little more than talent to shine in the Industry.
You have to understand that the road to fame and stardom, is not a sweet and pleasant one for so many music stars, one has to have not just the passion for music, but must be resilient.
Among these resilient stars is Apata Niniola, and in this article, we would be talking about her net worth and her musical career.
Table of Contents
- Name: Apata Niniola
- Date of birth: 15th of December 1986
- State of Origin: Osun
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Net worth: $1.5 million
Who is Niniola
On the 15th of December 1986, Niniola was born into the Apata family. Her younger sister Teniola took in her footsteps and is also making a name for herself in the Industry.
Niniola hails from a small town, known as Ilesa, in Osun State, Nigeria. Niniola is a Nigerian singer, a songwriter. She is best known for finishing as the third runner-up of the sixth edition of the reality TV show Project Fame West Africa.
During the competition, she performed a live rendition of “Limpopo” with Kcee and Cohbams Asuquo
Niniola is a beautiful and lovely lady, who is versatile in singing, her music comprises of genres like folk music, Afro-house, and a blend of afrobeat and house music.
Facts about Niniola
- Niniola was born and raised in Lagos, and a native of Osun state
- She attended Apata Memorial high school for her primary and secondary education
- Her music career started in the year 2014
- She is signed to Drumroll records
- Her first album is titled “This is me,” and most of the songs were written in Yoruba and Swahili
- Her music influencers include Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, etc
- Her father Simeon Apata was murdered was by unknown gunmen, on 8th of January 1995
- She is not married but is in a relationship
- Her two singles “Ibadin” and “Gbowode” were used as a soundtrack in season 2 of a Nigerian drama series “Gidi Up.”
- In 2015, she was included in Not Just Ok top 15 artists to watch out for in 2015
- In 2015, she was nominated for the Most Promising act to watch category at the Nigerian Entertainment
- In 2018, the song Maradona got her a Nomination at the BET Awards and SAMAs, and she also received nods from Drake and Timberland
- In 2019, traces of Maradona was found in “Find Your Way Back,” a song from the Beyonce soundtrack album “The Lion King: The Gift.”
- And in 2020 she received a Grammy Nomination certificate for her work as composer on the Lion King
In the year 2014, Niniola got her breakthrough from her first release,” Ibadin,” which was produced by Sarz. Sarz is one of the best producers in the Industry.
The song received a positive critical review and also topped so many musical charts, both international and local, and gained extensive airplay.
Since her breakthrough, she had not relented in bringing out good music to her fan, some of these songs include
- And Shaba
In 2017, she released the song Maradona, which was produced by Sarz. The song got extensive airplay for 13 weeks on the South African Metro FM chart, retaining the number one position for six weeks.
Awards and Nomination
- Nigerian Entertainment Award of Most promising Act to Watch
- Nigerian Achievers Award for the Best Promising Female Artist of the Year
- Lagos Fashion Awards of the Most Fashionable Fast Rising star of the year 2015
- Scream Award of the Best New Act Female
- City People Entertainment Award for the Most Promising Act of the year (Female)
- ACI Award For the New Artist of the Year
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for the Best New Act
- All African Music Award for Best Female Artist in West Africa
- All African Music Award for Best Artist/ Duo/Group in African RNB & Soul
- All African Music Award for Song Writer of the year in Africa for the song “Mbilo Mbilo” (Remix)
- All African Music Award for Best African Collaboration for “Mbilo Mbilo” (Remix)
- Nigerian Music Video Awards for Best RNB Video for “Akara Oyinbo”
- ELOY Awards for Upcoming Female Music Artist
- Soundcity MVP Awards Festival Best Collaboration for “Mbilo Mbilo” (Remix)
- Soundcity MVP Awards Festival for Best New Artist
- Artist of the Year at Top Naija Music Awards
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Afropop Female Artist
- AFRIMAMA Award for Best Newcomer
- City People Entertainment Awards for Music Artist of The Year Female
- Nigerian Teen Choice award for Choice Female Vocalist of the Year
- All African Music Award for Best Artist African Electro
- Soundcity MVP Awards Festival for Best Female MVP
- Soundcity MVP Awards for Best Pop
- Soundcity MVP Award for the Listeners choice
- Headies Best RNB and Pop
- Headies Best Vocal Performance etc
She is said to worth about $1.5 million. She earned her money from being a pop singer and signing various ambassador deals.
Niniola is one of the biggest Nigerian female stars in the Industry, with lots of influence both socially and physically on the Nigerian populace.
Have anything to say about Niniola’s net worth, biography, or any other thing that has been discussed? Please leave a comment in the section below.