Yemi Alade is a famous personality in the Nigerian entertainment industry and has established herself in the music industry for good.
The afro-pop singer is known for good music and her energetic performances, which she brings on stage alongside her topnotch fashion sense.
In this write-up, we will bring you everything you would love to know from Yemi Alade net worth, biography, musical career, endorsement deals, awards, and so on.
Yemi Alade Profile
- Full Name: Yemi Eberechi Alade
- Age: 31 years old
- Nationality: Nigerian
- State of Origin: Ondo State
- State of residence: Lagos
- Marital status: Single
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Performer
Yemi Alade Biography
Yemi Alade, who is 31 years of age, was born on August 13, 1989, in Abia state, but was born in Ondo state in Nigeria. Yemi Alade is a Nigerian Afropop singer. Her father, James Alade, is from Yoruba in Ondo state, while his Igbo mother is from Abia state.
Yemi is the fifth of seven children in her family, and she is versatile in both the Yoruba and Igbo language. In her early years, she attended the British Primary School in St. Sauveur, and later Victoria High School in Lagos, for her secondary school education.
After primary and secondary education, Yemi Eberechi Alade continued to the University of Lagos, where she obtained a degree in Geography.
Yemi Alade Career
Yemi Alade made her musical debut as a member of a girl group known as Noty Spices. Her rise to fame followed when she won The Peak Talent contest in 2009, after which she went on to drop her first single titled “Fimisile” under the Jus’ Kiddin label.
Yemi Alade signed with Effyzzie Music Group in 2012 and released her single titled “Ghen Ghen Love.” In August 2013, she released a video for his romantic Afro RnB song “Bamboo.”
“Bamboo,” which was produced by Fliptyce, became a popular wedding song and was a moderate success. In the last part of 2013, she smashed records when her single titled “Johnny,” produced by Selebobo, was released. Johnny was an international hit and topped the music charts in Tanzania, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Liberia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and the UK, among other countries.
In fact, she had over 100 million views on YouTube and was widely recognized both at home and abroad. It is this song that made Yemi Alade a name in the music industry.
Her debut album “King of Queens” featured some superb musical artistes. Some of them include Selebobo, Shady Bizniz, GospelOnDeBeatz, Fliptyce, Beat Nation, Young D, Mr. Chidoo, OJB Jezreel, etc.
Yemi Alade has appeared on several covers of various magazines and has shared the stage with several music bigwigs like Mary J. Blige, Becca, SSP, MI, and Yemi Sax. Yemi, who is not resting on her laurels, has released some exciting singles and debut album.
Before her debut album, Yemi released three singles, “Johnny,” Tangerine, and Kissing. Celebrities such as Diamond Platnumz, Chidinma, Phyno, and Selebobo also featured on this album.
In 2016, Yemi Alade released her second album, Mama Africa, which featured legendary musical talents from the likes of P-Square, Sarkodie, and Flavor N’abania. In 2017, Yemi Alade released another studio album, Black Magic, produced by DJ Coublon.
This was her third album, which saw top acts like Nigerian rappers Falz and Olamide. In 2019, Yemi Alade released her fourth studio album, titled Woman of Steel, on which she featured multiple Grammy Awards winner, Angelique Kidjo, American rapper Rick Ross, and top Nigerian actress, Funke Akindele.
Yemi Alade holds the record for being the first African female musician to gain one million YouTube subscribers. This is due to her hit song “Johnny,” which has over 114 million views, which in turn increased Yemi Alade net worth. She also appeared alongside with Tekno and Wizkid on Beyonce’s album “Lion King.”
Albums & Songs
Here is a list of Yemi Alade’s albums and songs
- Nigeria Awake
- A Rare Groove
- Remind You
- Lai Lai
- Oh My Gosh (2018)
- Yaji (2019)
- Don’t Jealous Me (2019)
- Kom Kom
- Mama Africa (2016)
- Kings of Queens (2014)
- Black Magic (2017)
- Woman of Steel (2019)
Yemi Alade signed a record deal with Universal Music Africa (UMA) and UMG France. She signed this multi-year license agreement in September 2019. This deal allows UMA to be Yemi Alade’s exclusive world record partner for her works she releases under the label.
Yemi Alade Awards and Nominations
Since the start of her musical career, Yemi has been nominated for numerous awards. Here are some of Yemi Alade’s awards and nominations:
- Best Woman at the 2015 MTV African Music Awards (winner)
- Best Woman at the MTV African Music Awards 2016 (winner)
- Nominated for Best International Performance: Africa at the 2015 BET Awards
- Named Female Musician of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards 2014
- Nominated for Best Afro Pop Video at the WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards 2016
- Nominated for African Video of the Year at the WatsUp TV Africa Music 2016 Music Awards
- Nominated for Best African Performance at the 2014 MOBO Awards
- Nominated Artist of the Year at the 2012 YEM Awards
- Most Promising Woman Nominated at 2013 ELOY Awards
- Nominated for Best African Female Video at the WatsUp TV Africa Music Awards 2016
- Nominated for Best West African Video at the WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards 2016
- Nominated for Best African Dance Video at the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Awards
- Nominated for Best Traditional African Video at the WatsUp TV Africa Music Awards 2016
- Named Artiste of the Year at the 2014 City People Entertainment Awards
- Winner of the best performer at the Headies Awards 2019.
Yemi Alade Net Worth
As of 2020, Yemi Alade net worth is estimated to be $3 million. She is one of the most wealthy and successful musicians in Nigeria with a large fan base in Africa.